Thursday, May 17, 2012

And the Job Search Continues...

Over the past couple weeks, I have religiously checked the Greenville County Schools website for job postings.  I have submitted my cover letter and resume to over 14 different elementary schools, but have yet to hear anything.  I know that many schools are merely collecting resumes at this point, but around what time in the summer do schools begin the interview process?

I don't know why I am so worried about not being able to secure a job, but I am.  I feel that all this preparation I have been doing over the past couple weeks could be for nothing, and it worries me.  I am trying to keep a positive mindset throughout this whole process, and I hope to secure a position in the near future. 

Any words of encouragement?

3 comments:

  1. Love, It is never for naught, but, it is not always for what we expect either:>) Finding a job, or changing jobs, is one of the most stressful things in life. I once heard someone say, "It is much harder to find a job than to do the job once hired". That is 100% true. Hang in there. You are a very talented young lady:>) Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefanie,

    I was not hired until July....I interviewed and when I arrived back at home, they had already called to offer me the job. I have been there ever since then! =) God is going to put you where He needs you just like He puts each kiddo in our classroom for a reason. I did sub for half a year and learned more then than any college class, internship or student teaching position did for me.

    Be sure and add a followers button so I can follow you. When you go under design choose add a gadget and it should be the 9th choice. =)

    Come visit me when you get the chance. I would love for you to read about Conscious Discipline....it is the most amazing thing ever and every teacher needs to learn more about it! I am going to *try* and do a book study this summer through my blog. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete